The scheme offers loan of an electric van from one to three weeks for exclusive business use. There is no charge and participants must provide their own insurance and sufficiently charge the vehicle.
It is part of the Council’s Climate Emergency Response Plan to help encourage businesses to radically reduce their carbon emissions.
Three different van types are available, and participants can charge them at public charge points around the county, or at business or home using a standard electricity socket.
The carbon emissions saved by the scheme will be measured.
To qualify businesses must:
- be a small or medium sized enterprise with a base in County Durham
- currently use a petrol or diesel van for business
- have licensed and insured driver(s) employed by the business
- be looking to make the switch away from fossil fuelled vehicles soon
- have an energy audit from BEEP or be willing to have one
- take responsibility for the van while in your possession and agree to the terms and conditions which will be sent to you when you sign up
Get more information.